In Girona I offer these tours which can be combined:
- 10 TASTINGS
- GAME OF THRONES
Are you ready to enjoy a tour of senses?
I’ll be there with you throughout this unforgettable experience!
Enjoy Girona’s unique sensations:
- Touch the Roman stone that dates back to 2000 years ago
- Feel the atmosphere of the old town by admiring its rich medieval heritage: the walls, the cobblestone streets and beautiful Romanesque and Gothic buildings
- Discover the most mysterious legends such as Witch, Flies and Gerion
- Walk the city from the top of the wall and enjoy stunning panoramic views
- See the city’s only Hollywood star
- Taste the local sweet called xuixo
For Game of Thronres lovers, I will show you the locations.
Live an experience of unique sensations in Girona!
You will love this tour!
Discover the secrets of one of the best-preserved Jewish quarters in Europe.
6 centuries of Jewish community make up the history of the city.
With this guided tour you will uncover where Jewish people lived, which activities they did, the location of the 3 medieval synagogues and much more.
In Girona, the famous rabbai and Kabbalist Ramban also known as Nahmanides lived. I will show you the street where he was born.
Included in the tour there is the entrance to the Museum of Jewish History.
- medieval documents like quetubas and notary papers
- the most important collection of Hebrew tombstones on the Peninsula
- the last micvé – Jewish ritual bath – of the Girona community, which was in use until the Expulsion in 1492.
Enjoy the best spots of the old quarter with this walking tour.
Girona is completely laid out in stone and has both Romanesque and Gothic buildings from XII to XIV centuries.
Discover the secrets of one of the best-preserved Jewish quarters in Europe. The history of the city is made up of six centuries of residence of the Jewish community.
In addition to that, we can enjoy the oil and chesnuts squares, the merchants street, the Rambla and the Eiffel’s bridge.
Girona preserves 1,8 km of walls. There is the option to walk along the medieval walls from XIV C.
Did you know that the 6th season of Game of Thrones was recorded in Girona? If you want, we can explore some of its filming locations.
Optional: entrance to the Cathedral of Santa Maria, were you can admire the widest Gothic nave in the world, the Tapestry of Creation, hand-embroidered Romanesque jewel and the Romanesque cloister. Entrance fee is 7,50€ per person.
Guided tour of the Girona’s most famous legends.
Do you know that Girona has more than 20 legends?
- The legend of the Lioness, which claims that “whoever kisses the Lioness’ bottom will return to Girona”
- The most famous one: the Flies of Saint Narcissus
- The Tarlà, related to xuixo, the typical sweet of Girona
- As well as the Witch, the Gerió, the Cocollona, etc
Ideal tour for families, groups of friends and companies.
THE SWEETEST GIRONA
If you like the sweet treat, this is your experience!
This experience combines the guided tour of the old quarter with the tasting of local sweets:
- the xuixo
- the chocolate flies
- the sweet sausage
- the Rocambolesc icecream
We talk about the xuixo, the most well-known gironinian sweet. It’s a fried pastry butter bun filled with cream. And we reveal the legend of the Tarlà, which has a lot to do with the origin of the xuixo.
And we taste the xuixo of course!
We continue to the village to get to know the Cathedral square and the Jewish quarter.
Saint Narcís is the patron saint of Girona and he has a link with the flies and the French. Let’s discover the most famous legend of Girona: the flies of Sant Narcís and taste the delicious chocolate flies.
The visit continues along the Rambla, the pedestrian area with stone arches, trees and terraces and we cross the Eiffel’s bridge.
We stop at Rocambolesc gelatto store, run by Jordi Roca, the little brother of Roca family, owners of the famous Celler de Can Roca restaurant, the world’s best restaurant two times.
And we taste the icecream you like the most!
Have you ever tried a sweet sausage? This is unique local sweet that you might love or hate!
With this experience you discover Girona and taste its richest sweets.
You’ll love this tour!
The duration of a guided tour is 1 – 2 hours.
Price: from 180 EUR.
Exclusive private tour just for you.
I can tailor any tour.
If you wish, we can extend the duration to 3 or 4 hours.
We have a service of private transportation with driver.
Don’t hesitate to contact me for further information.
Have a nice day!