which can be combined
Discover the secrets of one of the best-preserved Jewish quarters in Europe.
6 centuries of Jewish community make up the history of the city.
With this guided tour you will uncover where Jewish people lived, which activities they did, the location of the 3 medieval synagogues and much more.
In Girona, the famous rabbai and Kabbalist Nahmanides was born.
- medieval documents like quetubas and notary papers
- the most important collection of Hebrew tombstones on the Peninsula
- the last micvé – Jewish ritual bath – of the Girona community, which was in use until the Expulsion in 1492.
Entrane fee is 4€ per person.
Guided tour of the Girona’s most famous legends.
Do you know that Girona has more than 20 legends?
- The legend of the Lioness, which claims that “whoever kisses the Lioness’ bottom will return to Girona”
- The most famous one: the Flies of Saint Narcissus
- The Tarlà, related to xuixo, the typical sweet of Girona
- As well as the Witch, the Gerió, the Cocollona, etc
Ideal tour for families, groups of friends and companies.
Here you can admire:
- The widest Gothic nave in the world
- The Tapestry of Creation, hand-embroidered Romanesque jewel
- Countess Ermessenda’s tomb, the most influential politician in Catalonia in the 11th century
- The Charlemagne chair, made of marble
- The Romanesque cloister
And many more things!
Entrance fee: 7€ per person.
THE SWEETEST GIRONA
If you like the sweet treat, this is your experience!
This experience combines the guided tour of the old quarter with the tasting of two local sweets:
- the xuixo
- the icecream
We talk about the xuixo, the most well-known gironinian sweet. It’s a fried pastry butter bun filled with cream. And we reveal the legend of the Tarlà, which has a lot to do with the origin of the xuixo.
And we taste the xuixo of course!
We continue to the village to get to know the Cathedral square and the Jewish quarter.
The visit continues along the Rambla, the pedestrian area with stone arches, trees and terraces and we cross the Eiffel’s bridge.
We stop at Rocambolesc gelatto store, run by Jordi Roca, the little brother of Roca family, owners of the famous Celler de Can Roca restaurant, the world’s best restaurant two times.
And we taste the icecream you like the most!
With this experience you discover Girona and taste its richest sweets.
You’ll love this tour!
> > >
The duration of a guided tour is about 2 hours.
Price: from 150 EUR.
Exclusive tour just for you.
I can tailored any tour.
If you wish, we can extend the duration to 3 or 4 hours. And we may also:
Combine with DALÍ MUSEUM
We have a service of private transportation with driver.
Don’t hesitate to contact me for further information.
Have a nice day!