which can be combined
Discover the secrets of one of the best-preserved Jewish quarters in Europe.
6 centuries of Jewish community make up the history of the city.
It contains the most important collection of Hebrew tombstones on the Peninsula and the last micvé – Jewish ritual bath – of the Girona community.
Here you can admire:
- The widest Gothic nave in the world
- The Tapestry of Creation, hand-embroidered Romanesque jewel
- Countess Ermessenda`s tomb, the most influential politician in Catalonia in the 11th century
- The Charlemagne chair, made of marble
And many more things!
Do you know that Girona has more than 30 legends?
- The legend of the Lioness, which claims that “whoever kisses the Lioness’ bottom will return to Girona”
- The most famous one: the Flies of Saint Narcissus
- The Tarlà, related to xuixo, the typical sweet of Girona
- As well as the Witch, the Gerió, the Cocollona, etc
GAME OF THRONES
The 6th season was recorded in the old quarter of Girona.
Find out about the crew’s curiosities and the shooting location in 2015.
Girona represented 3 kingdoms: Braavos, Kings Landing and Antigua.
And the main protagonists visited Girona: Arya Stark, Jaime Lannister, the kings, and so on.
Combine with DALÍ MUSEUM